The Pikes Peak Athletics Base Camp Swim Team is the best way to help your swimmer transition from swim lessons to formalized swim team. One of the toughest transitions in swimming is making the leap from lessons to team; the Pikes Peak Athletics Base Camp bridges this gap by teaching proper swim team technique and etiquette while gradually building the endurance needed to be on a swim team.
The goal of this class is to provide a positive learning environment for early swimmers who have an interest in swim team but aren’t sure if they are ready for the full commitment of a swim team or need additional help with their endurance and technique. Great opportunity for swimmers to get in the water with a Pikes Peak Athletics coach and a small group of other new swimmers while learning the basics of swimming on a team.
- Pre-team classes will be held in the evenings at Pikes Peak Athletics Training Center (PPATC).
- We recommend swimmers schedule a swim test prior to enrolling in Base Camp, you can schedule this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Swimmers must be able to comfortably complete 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke and 12 yards of butterfly and breaststroke.
- Participants have the option of attending once or twice per week at PPATC.
- Classes follow rolling sessions. Once enrolled in a class, swimmer’s spot will be guaranteed (pre-enrolled) into the coming months until swimmer moves up in level, wants to move time, or wants to withdraw from class.