TOP INSTRUCTION. PEAK ACTIVITY.
Below are some written testimonials from parents about their experiences with Pikes Peak Athletics.
- Pikes Peak Athletics mean what they say when they talk about “whole person” training and fitness. My oldest son started swimming year-around at age 13, after battling health issues for a lot of his life. Another team in town would not consider him because he was “too old and inexperienced”. PPA let him try. Not only has his swimming improved dramatically in the past year, his confidence, physique and health have as well. He’s even competing now, and he feels that he is a valued member of the team. He’s both on the Junior team, and takes private lessons with Bridgette. Bridgette’s encouragement and personalized instruction, coupled with George, Anna, and the rest of the coaching staff’s focus on the whole person have him loving swimming. My other son has come much more naturally to swimming, and the coaching staff’s wisdom and experience give us the confidence we need that he is cared about as he trains and competes – he’s not just “a swimmer”, he’s a kid. The biggest thing though, is evident with how both of my kids are treated on the team. One kid is a natural athlete and has many state qualifying times after one year of year-around swimming, the other struggled physically (health problems) and he has had to work twice as hard to improve, and with PPA, both kids are treated with the same level of attention, dignity and care. Both kids matter on the team, and are important to the coaches. I (Mom) was so impressed with the coaches, that after I was injured and not able to do anything other than swim for exercise, I joined the Master’s team, and I never would have predicted that. When I quit Div. I Swimming in college 20 years ago, I was so burned out that I hated the water, and never wanted to swim again. But I watched how George and Anna interact with their swimmers, their professionalism, care and how individualized they treat each swimmer, it gave me the courage to try again. I’m down 3 suit sizes in the 7 months I’ve been on the team, and swimming is fun. Pikes Peak Athletics is the healthy team I wish I could have had when I swam growing up.
I would like to let anyone who is considering swim lessons or a swim team, you cannot choose a better group of people to entrust your kids with. We have three kids involved with Pikes Peak Athletics, one in swim lessons and and two on the swim team. The keys we look for in an activity for our kids are people we can trust, a fun environment for our kids, and something that will give them emotional and physical growth. You find all three when your kids participate with Pikes Peak Athletics. There has not been one instance where my kids didn’t want to go to swim practice or swim lessons, actually quite the opposite. They are constantly asking to participate more. Another unexpected surprise is the self-esteem boost the coaches instill in the kids. These are qualities that you cannot put a price on. Based upon our experience with other companies that provide swim lessons and our kids participating on another swim team, there is only one obvious choice and its Pikes Peak Athletics.
Pikes Peak Athletics provides outstanding swim programs in Colorado Springs. Our two daughters swim with PPA, our 5 year old is taking lessons and our 12 year old is on the the swim team. Our 5 year old has always loved to play in the water. PPA lessons with Bridgette have captured the fun she has playing in the water and incorporated learning to swim into it. She proudly talks about working on her butterfly and breaststroke and is looking forward to joining the AG team soon. Our 12 year old swims on the Junior team and her love of swimming has been re-kindled by the PPA coaching staff. The coaching staff’s interest in her as an individual athlete, support for her to reach her goals and obvious desire to see her succeed made swimming fun for her again. This shows in her race results, she has had the most successful swim season of her life, qualifying for more championship events than ever before. Our daughters’ love of swimming and the outstanding PPA coaches and instructors would be enough, but George and Ann also value parents as part of the team. They welcome questions and communication from parents and go out of their way to address any concerns that parents have. If you are looking for outstanding coaching, communication, and a fun environment for a new or accomplished swimmer we highly recommend looking into PPA.
- Pikes Peak Athletics has a wonderful ability to teach young swimmers. Their instructor’s experience, patience, and superb teaching skills are impressive. They know how to make swimming fun, while at the same time building confidence and challenging kids to make progress in the water. My 5-year-old son loves the water and is learning proper swimming techniques that will surely last a lifetime. My 2-year-old son is a little fish in the water, but was hesitant to swim with someone besides mommy. After minutes, he had a smile on his face and was enjoying his lesson. As a parent, the best gift I can give is learning water safety. Thanks Pikes Peak Athletics. - Mommy of 2 boys (5 & 2)
- I would like to commend Pikes Peak Athletics swim coaches. The instructors have provided top notch instruction for our 6 year old. She sometimes is shy about being a part of formal lessons (of any sport!) and she has thrived under the guidance of this caring and enthusiastic team. Her skills have improved tremendously and she looks forward to joining their swim team in the future. We are thrilled to see that their coaches understand how to cultivate a passion for swimming! A Big thank you from proud parents.
- Our experience with PPA has been nothing short of transformational. Our daughter (3 years old) was afraid of the pool prior to starting lessons and since starting lessons with PPA, she has gained confidence, agility, and has so much fun in the water.
- We were very happy with our lessons this past summer. Our daugher absolutely loved them. It has made her much more comfortable in the water and in turn made me much less worried around water. The program was run very well. Classes were on time and I liked how the kids were not standing around too much, which is an indication of good class size. The instructor was very good at assessing each child's level of fear and then addressing it and making the children overcome that fear.
Overall, we loved the lessons and the Pikes Peak Athletics program. Thanks to you all.
- My 6-year old daughter is taking swimming lessons through Pikes Peak Athletics. She loves the lessons. It's her favorite after school activity. Since September, she has become a much better swimmer. She's so much more comfortable and confident in the water. And she has learned several new strokes. When we take her swimming, just for fun, she loves showing off her dolphin kicks. My daughter loves her instructor. And as I watch from the swimming deck, I can tell the teacher is so patient and kind, and good with kids. I'm planning to continue the lessons. And I would definitely recommend the lessons to a friend.
- My twin boys have taken lessons with Pikes Peak Athletics this past summer and fall. I am very pleased with numerous things about these lessons: class size - my boys have had 2 teachers to 4 or 5 swimmers each session; this allows the teachers to know and focus on the students as well instruct more, friendliness - all the instructors have gone out of their way to get to know my children and also me, answering questions with politeness and knowledge, ability - both my boys came in with swimming skill, but are now able to swim 25 yards of the pool in acceptable front crawl, as well as being able to do passable back crawl and breast stroke= after 6 months!, ease - it is very easy to sign them up. We all have enjoyed lessons- the boys are looking forward to lessons with their teachers, and myself having full confidence in the skill level they are reaching. We will continue with lessons with this program.